The lovely and adorable Eyvi Sprite gave me a major award! Then she basically hit me in the face with it because I was required to do WORK. So, because I am nothing if not a sucker for pretend internet awards, I present to you my Ten Things You Didn't Know and Probably Didn't Care about me...
1) I don't eat condiments. Sour cream is disgusting. Ketchup is gross. Mustard is fucking vile! I'll eat mayo if it's in tuna salad and it has to be barely visible. I have a theory that people who drown their food in condiments grew up with parents (or even just one parent) who couldn't cook. I have no idea if this is a valid theory or not, but it's set in my head because...
2) My dad is an AMAZING cook! He doesn't follow any recipes, he just throws a bunch of different shit in a pan & it comes out delicious. I'd like to be able to just instinctively cook like he does.
3) I don't have a favorite color. Colors are situational to me. For example: My favorite color of clothing is probably green. My favorite color of car is charcoal. My favorite color of flower is purple...maybe yellow. I can't pick a favorite color.
4) The first DVD I ever bought was The Sweetest Thing. Say what you want about Cameron Diaz, but Christina Applegate is fucking awesome and I will watch her in anything (including Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, which I also own!)
5) I'm always shocked when employees say they're afraid of me or they're nervous when they see me, because I know what a giant nerdgirl I am & that I have *no* authority at work, I can't believe that I could make anyone nervous or worried that they'll be in trouble.
6) I played Powderpuff Football in high school. I was approximately 5'0" and weighed 103 lbs and I was the Center. It. Was. Awesome. I only started playing it because the varsity boys football players were the coaches for the girl teams and then I ended up loving it SO much and actually being good at, I became the captain for my junior and senior years.
7) I took Ecstasy once (like 10 years ago) and LOVED it. Lu-huved it! I've never done it since because I loved it so much I fear that it would become a habit.
8) I haven't eaten at Burger King since 1994 or 1995. They changed their fries to some weird-ass crispy gross things and I haven't eaten there since. Turns out, I don't really miss it.
9) Jesus, this is HARD (that's what she said) - Oooh, speaking of Jesus, I'm finished with my Christmas shopping already! And I have the cards, I just need to write and mail them. YAY for online shopping! I really couldn't tell you the last time I stepped foot in a mall during the holidays and as with BK fries, turns out, I don't really miss it. Also, I haven't had a Christmas tree since I was 13. I may get a little one this year...
10) As if anyone's still reading at this point - 10th, but probably the most important little known fact is how important to me all of you are. Every time I get a comment I'm amazed and grateful and happy and genuinely baffled. I'm baffled because seriously, don't you people have better things to do with your time than read this drivel? It's fascinating to me that anyone reads this period, but reads it regularly and takes the time to comment? Fascinating and very, very gratifying. So, I hope you all know that even though I don't understand why you're here, I'm very grateful and I love all of my little bluggies (blog buddies) so much. Thank you!