Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!



Holy crap, this year has come to an end in a quick hurry!  Like all of a sudden.  It seems like the appropriate time to do an end-of-year post, but I don't really feel like it.  I'm not feeling introspective and I'm not making a bunch of resolutions, so it just doesn't really feel like that would be a good post to write or read. 

Instead, I would like to talk about how small my cat's head is.  Seriously, you guys, it's tiny.  She looks like a seal.  Big round body;  bitty, little head.  And then these giant eyes.  She sounds kind of creepy when I describe her like that, but she's really not, she's just terribly unfortunately proportioned.  She's actually cute.  Angie describes her as grand.  It's fitting.

Also, I would like to talk about what a fucking nutjob Sarina is.  I know this doesn't really come as a shock to anyone, but sometimes it just needs to be said.  Sometimes people might wonder if she's truly crazypants or if it's just an act - I'm here to tell you that girlfriend is beyond batshit.  Of course, I should also say that I love her more than anything else.  Well, not more than waffles, but a LOT.

Oh and not related to anything, I got a calendar for Christmas.  It's called "3,650 things to be happy about.", so you can all just pretty much COUNT on that shit getting sprinkled around the joint when I have nothing good for No Whining Wednesdays.  Here's an example of what EVERY page is like:
  • an owl hooting
  • milk with your meal
  • an unexpected job offer
  • the patience to untangle a knot
  • finger painting
  • helping out a neighbor
  • the vocabulary of pasta shapes
  • conserving electricity
  • stories behind photographs
  • relishing the preparations
So, there's that.  I don't know that those things make me *happy*, but they don't make me *sad*, so I'm going to go with it. 

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm just babbling at this point and I have no idea how to finish this, so I'm just going to wish you all a happy No Whining Wednesday and ask if you have any big New Year's Eve plans or resolutions?

6 comments:

DeistBrawler said...

Last year my New Years Goal was to collect all of my bar tabs and determine how much I spend in a year. I did that...the pile is rather thick.

This year:
To find a job I not only like, but love.
To get published more.
To date. I haven't been on a date in 18 months.
To finally meet my Jibette.
To travel to Europe.

Anna von Beaverplatz said...

I would just like you to know that I LOVE untangling knots. Especially in jewelry (like when your necklace chain gets all knotted up). I have nothing but patience for it, and I find it incredibly satisfying when I finally get it undone. It does make me happy! So, they're not all totally random. Or, I *am*.

As far as New Years' goes, I don't really believe in resolutions; they're just a setup for disappointment and self-flagellation, if you ask me. Especially at such an arbitrary point as the beginning of a new calendar year. However, I can tell you this: I have begun cleaning up all my crap, and I plan to continue to do so until I'm no longer embarrassed to have people in my home (and until I'm no longer concerned that I'm going to wind up on Hoarders). I've started reading for pleasure a bit more thanks to the Cannonball, and I intend to keep doing that (and hopefully start writing up the reading a little more expeditiously). I guess what I'm saying is, I'm already on a kick of self-improvement, and I'll do my best to continue that into the new year (though not simply *because* it's a new year).

God, that sounds pretentious. Fine. I resolve to be less pretentious. Also, to use fewer parentheses. Happy Last No Whining Wednesday of Aught Nine!

Cindy said...

Hmm, how to word this? That's it? That's your NWW post? Er, it could be worse, I suppose. I think I was expecting more, but oh, how near to satisfying that was. (It may be time for a guest blogger again.)

But I do agree on no resolutions. If someone is to make a change in her life, it can and should be done when the person is inspired to make the change. I have lots of things I'm constantly trying to tweak, and that's the extent of resolutions I have. Wait, did you ask us to say anything about that? I guess I'm feeling rambleish (not a word btw).

We do, however, have a family goal to move to Mexico. So I'm putting it out to the universe and wishing for it to be realized this year.

Your kitty sounds adorable - pics please!

Even if your blog is sometimes lame, I adore you and wish you a wonderful New Year.

x said...

2 words. New. Job.

I resolve to quit my hateful job at my hateful place of employment and do something that makes me happier, and hopefully richer. I just have to find it first, cuz, ya know, bills and stuff.
Oh, and stop eating like a giant piggy person. Jesus, I can't stop lately. Girly-time + holidays = bad combination.

Nicolae said...

No big plans for the new year. Resolution wise I'm going for a stack. Losing weight/getting healthier/exercising regularly, actually getting into my home, starting my company, giving a relationship a shot, going back to school, and by the end of next year having every task I've been getting around to for the last year or two completed.

brite said...

Happy New Year Lainey! My resolutions are:
Get married
Get my permis de sejour
Keep feeling this joy each and every day, because life's too freakin short.
Also, I have a cat with a freakishly small head....she's beautiful, just a bit oddly proportioned.