Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Heart Is Filled With Glee...


And my head is filled with snot!  (No, you would not be wrong in thinking that I am klass-ay.)

Ok, so I've been Sicky McGee for the last week and I'm about tired of it.  But, that's not what this is about.  It's about how awesome my friends are.  I didn't go to work on Thursday or Friday and I was stressing HARD, because Thursday was the Employee Appreciation luncheon and I felt *awful* for leaving Dana alone to handle it all.  She took it amazingly well.  Way better than I would have, I'm sure.  In addition to being super nice to me about ditching her, she sent a care package home to me.  My lovely friend Angel-ica called me around 3:00 and asked if she could stop by after work to drop off something.  I said sure, because I was half asleep when she called and honestly, I would have agreed to a sack of angry badgers almost anything just to go back to dreamland where my throat & lungs weren't on fire.

She showed up with a GIANT care package from Dana of cheesy potatoes, chicken, a caramel apple, 3 cookies and a card.  Ang also brought me veg-e-table soup & french fries from my favorite fast food place, AND she brought me a cd she made with the songs from Glee!  It's so awesome to listen to Finn & Rachel sing their little hearts out to "Don't Stop Believing" and "No Air" and Mr. Shu and the Acafellas singing "Poison" (Never trust a big butt and a smile...)  As crappy as I've felt, I can't help but smile when I listen to it.  Also, the kid who plays Finn is 27 and therefore not a kid kid, so it's totally acceptable for me to have dirty, nasty, whorish thoughts about him....I'm just sayin'.

Friday, my neighbor Heather sent me a text asking if I was ok.  A few hours later she sent me another text telling me to check my door.  She hung a bag on my doorknob with Puffs w/ Lotion, Nyquil, Dayquil and Hall's cherry cough drops.  Aww, how sweet!  Then, about an hour after that my doorbell rang.  My boss sent me flowers to thank me for working on Employee Appreciation Week.  Nice, right?  Oh and so, remember how I said that only 11 employees would appreciate our efforts?  Well, I was wrong.  I got FOURTEEN emails saying thanks!  Ha.  Suck it...um, self!  And I would have been sad and sick if it weren't for my lovely (and weird) Pajiba/Facebook friends who kept me company while I was home and made me laugh.  Thanks, kids!

And this is completely not related to anything above, but it makes me enormously happy - my Denver Broncos are 6 and 0!! 

Ok, sorry, back to other non-sports stuff.  What do you kids have going on?  Fun stuff?  Happy stuff?  Are you planning any Halloweeny stuff?  I hope you're all well and have a happy No Whining Wednesday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, i have some cheezy potatoes in there. you always make me hungry!

Cindy said...

I told you last week your numbers would go up. Coolamundo.
What nice friends!
My middle child has been home sick this week, poor thing. She missed a field trip to the museum with a wee fairy village, and that is the suckage, let me tell you. The tears! We're going to take her after she is well again.
Enjoy your care packages and feel better!

Anna von Beaverplatz said...

Also, the kid who plays Finn is 27 and therefore not a kid kid, so it's totally acceptable for me to have dirty, nasty, whorish thoughts about him....I'm just sayin'.

And once again, I realize that we are, in fact, the same person. (Except for how I might Take out the "Finn" and replace it with "Puck". What can I say? I like the bad boys who can sing.)

Isn't it nice to feel appreciated? Yesterday one of my co-workers told me how much she appreciates me because I don't make a mess of invoices like the last person did and it makes her job so much easier. That was lovely. I never heard that at my last job... actually I only ever heard about how I was doing everything wrong (I wasn't) and that I wasn't "management material" (I was, or at least more than the person who took over for me when I left). So it was really, really nice.

Also, yesterday was cake day. There were also cookies and brownies. I ate like a starving pig. Hooray! And, the Saints are now 5-0 after handing the Giants their ASSES on a PLATTER Sunday. Awesome.

I hope you feel better soon, Ms. Lainey Bobainey!! I think my cough is FINALLY starting to go away (3 weeks later). Geezis.

Girl With Curious Hair said...

I'm really sorry you missed out on all the fun that you helped set up--but what awesome friends to bring by care packages!

Me? I ran around SF like the crazy lady that I am. It was beautiful and uplifting. So much so, that I'm literally blocking out everything that happened after the running was over.

Hope you feel better soon!

Eyvi Sprite said...

Aww, Poor Lainey! I'm sorry you're still sick and missed some of the fun. A few of your friends and collegues deserve to be nominated for sainthood though (is that how that works, nomination?).

Lainey said...

Shit - I totally meant to respond to this earlier. I am full of fail. And snot. And class!

gp- They were YUMMY! I added a sprinkle of Bacon Salt (which Nicolae turned me on to) and they were divine!

Cindy - Aww, poor kiddo. That's nice that you're taking her another time. You're a nice mom! I want to go to a museum with a wee fairy village!

AvB - I believe we are both suffering from the same affliction right now. No, not the bronchitis - the Puckitis! JIMINYCHRISTMAS, that boy is walking sex!

PS: Your work sounds so delightful. I'm really glad for you!

Girl - I'm so lucky to have people in my life who are way nicer than I am! I'm looking forward to reading about your run!

Eyvi - They really are good people. Although, I'm kind of pissed at Angie right now. She has me totally fucking addicted to this damn Glee! soundtrack now. It's literally the only thing I listen to and I play it on repeat pretty much all day long. I hate/love her!